© 2012 Bob Hackett
MIZUHO MARU was completed in 1912 as passenger-cargo ship INFANTA ISABEL for the Pinillos Izquierdo & Co. Line of Cadiz, Spain. In '26, she was sold to the Osaka Shosen Kaisha (OSK) Line and renamed MIDZUHO MARU. In '37, she was chartered by the IJA and converted to a hospital ship, In '38, she was renamed MIZUHO MARU. Later, she was converted back to a transport. In Sep'44, MIZUHO MARU was torpedoed and sunk by an American submarine off the Philippines.
|Russell & Co Port Glasgow, Scotland.
|Dimensions:||(LPP) 459.5 ' x 58' x 32'|
|Propulsion:||Two coal burning coupled steam quadruple expansion engines, 7,074 IHP, 2 shafts|
|Speed:||cruising 10 knots, max 15 knots|