MIFUNE MARU was completed in 1928 for Yamamoto Sajiro and later sold to Sanyo K.K. She was sold again in 1931 and renamed MIKAGE MARU No.3 that year by her new owners, Muko Kisen K.K. MIKAGE MARU No. 3 was requisitioned in September 1941 by the IJN and converted to an auxiliary transport. She foundered after a collision with ANZAN MARU, near Tsurishima, Inland Sea in Jul ‘42.