In 1929, KIKU MARU was completed and commenced passenger service between Tokyo's coastal islands. In 1941, she was requisitioned by the IJN and converted to an auxilary netlayer. In early 1945, she was converted to a small hospital ship with accommodations for 100 patients. She served as a repatration transport from 1945 to 1946.
|Builder:||Mitsubishi Shipbuilding, Kobe. |
|Dimensions:||Length 178', beam 29.5', draft ?|
|Propulsion:||1 diesel engine, 1 shaft.|