GYOKO (ex-British DEN OF GLAMIS) MARU was completed in 1910 by Napier & Miller, Ltd. as a cargo ship. In 1922, she was sold to Yamashita Kisen Goshi Kaisha, K. K. and renamed GYOKOH (later GYOKO) MARU. In 1937, she was chartered by the Imperial Army (IJA) as a troop ship. In 1944, GYOKO MARU was torpedoed by an American submarine and later sunk by USN aircraft.
|Napier & Miller, Ltd. Shipyard, Glascow,
|Gross tonnage:||5,342 tons|
|Dimensions:||405' (OA) x 52'x 28'|
|Propulsion:||Reciprocating steam engine.|