GM ALBATROS was built in Flushing, Netherlands by the Royal Schelde (Koninklijke Maatschappij De Schelde te Vlissingen). Completed in 1912 as a gun boat for the Dutch East Indies Gouvernementsmarine, she was scuttled at Surabaya in Mar '42. Raised by the Japanese in Jan '43, she was renamed ARABATO MARU and converted to an auxiliary rescue and salvage ship. ARABATO MARU survived the war and was returned to the Gouvernementsmarine.
|Builder and Year Completed:||Royal Schelde, Flushing, Netherlands 1912.|
|Dimensions:||164' (pp) x 31' x 10.75'|
|Propulsion:||Single triple-expansion engine, 1151 ihp, speed 11.5 knots.|
|Armament:||2 x 37-mm guns|